Wacken Metal Battle USA Final – May 20th – Philadelphia
w/ Corpse Hoarder, Goblet, Power Theory, Upheaval
One Champion To Play At Wacken Open Air
One band, one champion, thousands of metalheads!
Wacken Metal Battle In America For The First Time!
Wacken Metal Battle USA is proud to present the first ever final to send one American band to play at this year’s Wacken Open Air in Wacken, Germany as part of the festival’s international Metal Battle competition. After battles hosted in Boston and Philadelphia, the final four Corpse Hoarder (Philadelphia), Goblet (Boston), Power Theory (Philadelphia) and Upheaval (Boston) will compete for one to be crowned champion and play the stage at Wacken. The national final will be held in Philadelphia on May 20th at the Whiskey Tango where all four bands will be judged by a panel music industry.
Saturday, May 20th – 8pm
Whiskey Tango, 14000 Bustleton Ave, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19116
Line up and set times to be decided by random draw night of event.
Corpse Hoarder (Philadelphia) – https://corpsehoarder.
Goblet (Boston) – http://goblet2.bandcamp.com/
POWER THEORY (Philadelphia) – http://www.sentinelmusic75.
Upheaval (Boston) – http://upheavalboston.
bandcamp.com/FB Event: https://www.facebook.
For over a decade at the world’s largest outdoor metal festival Wacken Open Air, independent metal bands from around the globe have been performing in front of thousands and competing against one another for one to be crowned champion of the world along with winning multiple prizes (prizes info). For the first time ever, Wacken Metal Battle USA is coming to America for its inaugural year and will be hosting qualifying rounds in various cities. The national champion of those battles will perform at the 2017 festival taking place from August 3rd – 5th. Please watch the following video trailer to see all the metal fun! https://www.youtube.com/
How it works:
Each city will hold their qualifying rounds plus city finals, selecting the top band to move forward to the national final (city and date to be determined) with one being selected to perform at the 28th edition of Wacken Open Air. All bands will be judged during battle rounds by respected local music industry.
For more info on Wacken Metal Battle USA, please visit these links:
Official Website: http://www.
For more info on international battle, please visit: http://www.metal-battle.com
For more info on Wacken Open Air, please visit http://www.wacken.com
All bands, that wish to participate in the Metal Battle, must read the following rules and guidelines. Bands who send in an application automatically agree to the rules and terms.
- Your band doesn’t have a deal and isn’t about to sign to a label in the near future.
- Your band can easily play a 25 minute set consisting of your own songs. (No Covers). Full set performance time is 25 mins.
- PA, lighting, and sound engineer will be provided for all bands.
- Backline arrangements TBA.
- The bands must bring their own instruments such as guitars, bass, drum breakables, keyboards and effect pedals and may also bring and use their own guitar amps.
- To keep the changeover times as short as possible, bands with left handed drummers will play as first or last band. All bands have to follow the directions given by the promoters or stage manager.
- Semi playback is not allowed. All bands must play live. Background orchestrations are ok as long as all vocals, guitars and bass are live. Intros / interludes are also ok.
- Jury of respected music industry folk will decide the winners each night.
If a band overruns its allotted performance-time, then the band-members should be aware of the fact that in this case their sound will be faded out. The running order for the concert will be released a few days before the event takes place.
Travel for the winning band to go to Germany is at their own expense and accommodations at the festival will be in the form of camping in the VIP area.
Full professional back line will be provided for performance.
Sponsors / Media Partners: