5 REASONS I JOINED THE FULL BLAST F-CKERY WITH WILSON!
I discovered Wilson before ShipRocked 2014. It was the best vacation of my life. These party rockers from Michigan rock hard, have a great time, and get everyone in on the F-ckery.
- The Music: To prepare for the cruise, I downloaded the albums they had available, an 8-song EP entitled Standing on the Reel from 2009, and their first full album, the 10-song Full Blast F-ckery (which is my favorite) in 2013. With songs like “My Life, My Grave,” “Snake Eyes,” and “College Gangbang,” I was hooked. As we prepared to set sail I was ready for WILSON AND THE F-CKERY about to commence.
- Fan Favorites: Wilson loves to interact with their fans. When their set is finished, they don’t run like some of the bigger acts. They go out to meet and mingle with the audience, getting to know them as more than faces in the crowd. They’ve even been known to party after the shows with a few, lucky, special fans.
- Socially Responsible: In 2012, they brought attention to the fight against breast cancer with “No Shave November.” They called on their fans to sport a beard for the cause, and post pictures of the results on the band’s Facebook page. For each picture posted, the band donated .50 to www.keep-a-breast.org. Now, being a bearded guy who loves the tatas, this is a campaign I can get behind.
- Coming to a Town Near You: In 2015, Wilson released the 12-song Right to Rise and continue to tour extensively, which is an expensive undertaking. Stories abound of fans offering them a place to stay in between stops. Bringing the party with them, these fans have said they would welcome them back with open arms.
- The Sound Wilson’s music is fast, heavy, and raw. With each riff, chord, and note, the music wrings out the band’s blood, sweat and tears. Watch their latest music video “Windows Down” at http://www.wilsonpartyanimals.com and see if you can resist the head-banging jam!
Whether you’re a longtime fan or someone who has never heard of them. Be sure to check out their upcoming tour which kicks off September 9th in Wichita, KS. I guarantee it will be worth your time. They join Crobot and Sevendust on select dates.