WSJ also posted the live clip of “Amnesia” from the group’s 30th anniversary show, which is featured on the DVD version of the release.
The album, a personal “best of” compilation by KMFDM protagonists and masterminds Sascha Konietzko and Lucia Cifarelli, who claim the re-imagined, re-mixed pieces would be an “ideal playlist for a live set,” commemorates the band’s 32nd anniversary.
The re-worked versions extract the essence of KMFDM’s music and, at the same time, place new emphases. In true KMFDM tradition, ROCKSbears all the band’s trademarks: the (mostly) five letters commonly used in the title, as well as the iconic graphics of Aidan Hughes aka BRUTE!, which are reminiscent in the style of early Soviet Constructivism propaganda. Add to this KMFDM’s signature industrial sound, a crossover between techno/dance and heavy metal, and densely distilled political lyrics, it is clear why KMFDM is regarded as the epitome and synonym for the musical style of the harder variety. ROCKS – Milestones Reloaded, the personal “Best of”/retrospective album of KMFDM, will be released as CD+DVD media book, including the DVD We Are KMFDM, CD Standard, 2LP and Digital on September 9on earMUSIC and is to be followed by a new studio album and an extensive tour in 2017.
2. ANIMAL OUT
3. LIGHT (Remix by Andy Selway / KMFDM)
4. SON OF A GUN (Remix by Bradley Bills / CHANT)
6. A DRUG AGAINST WAR
7. PROFESSIONAL KILLER (Remix by Sascha Konietzko / KMFDM)
8. (STILL) SUCKS (Remix by Sascha Konietzko / KMFDM)
9. FREE YOUR HATE
11. WWIII (Remix by Sascha Konietzko / KMFDM)
12. KRANK (Remix by Victor Love)
13. AMNESIA (Remix by Marco Trentacoste)
14. A DRUG AGAINST WAR (Remix by Marco Trentacoste)