Shockwave Magazine is looking for writers, photographers, editors, and social media promoters! If you’ve ever wanted to contribute to a music magazine, here’s your chance.
We are hiring the following non-paid positions:
- WRITERS: Opportunities include reviewing live shows, writing regular columns on local and national acts, interviewing bands via phone, email, or in person, and writing reviews of new music. Must be able to demonstrate you can apply the rules of grammar and punctuation to your work. Applicants will be required to submit an informal sample of their ability to discuss music.
- EDITORS: You must possess the same skills as described in the Writers blurb above, and be willing to look over the work of your peers and make corrections as necessary. Bonus consideration if you actually find a typo in here somewhere. There’s always one. Ask my peers.
- PHOTOGRAPHERS: We are looking for photographers who can demonstrate their proficiency and vision by submitting a portfolio of their work. You must have your own equipment and have experience shooting in multiple lighting environments.
- PHOTO EDITOR: Must possess all the requirements of a Photographer as described above, demonstrate proficiency with editing software, and be willing to assist your peers with editing and watermarking their images.
- SOCIAL MEDIA PROMOTERS: This position is ever-expanding. You will be part of a growing team of contributors promoting our work through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc …
Currently we do not have the ability to pay our contributors, but what we can offer you is a chance to be published with a magazine that has a 25-year reputation of excellence in Baltimore and beyond. We have tons of free music we can send your way if you’re a reviewer. Additionally, we can get you access to photograph bands (for photographers only) and free tickets to shows (for writers and photographers working the show). Basically all the stuff you’re already doing (listening to music and going to shows) but for free! Additionally, once you’ve demonstrated a good work ethic and ability to chat with ease, you’ll have rockers and musicians calling YOU to discuss their projects and tours. It doesn’t get much cooler than that!
Please submit all inquiries to email@example.com